Peter Strickland at Midnight
Brit Peter Strickland is a European filmmaker par excellence and at the same time probably the most exciting solitary figure in contemporary arthouse. With five feature films and numerous short films, Strickland has created a unique cinematic cosmos in which aspiration and trash, art and genre do not form opposites. The refined stylist describes a London cinema as his "film school". His own viewing and listening experiences - "New York underground, sleazy European art porn, creepy Italian horror mixed in with Fassbinder, Cocteau, Jarman, Bunuel, Tarkovsky" - as well as the most diverse human obsessions are transformed by Strickland into multi-layered, relational film art, which he personally presents at BIFF.
- BERBERIAN SOUND STUDIO + VF: BERBERIAN SOUND STUDIO (short)
- DAS BLUTROTE KLEID + VF: COLD MERIDIAN
- FLUX GOURMET + VF: BLANK NARCISSUS (PASSION OF THE SWAMP)
- KATALIN VARGA + VF: A METAPHYSICAL EDUCATION
- PETER STRICKLAND IM WERKSTATTGESPRÄCH
- THE DUKE OF BURGUNDY + VF: COBBLERS' LOT